DOW FILMTEC™ XFRLE-400/34i element embodies Dow’s latest innovations in treatment of challenging waters with high biological and organic fouling tendencies such as municipal or industrial wastewater or challenging surface water:
• Proven fouling resistance chemistry of the DOW FILMTEC BW30XFR-400/34i operating at over 30% lower pressure
• Large 34-mil spacer optimized for pressure drop minimization reducing the impact of fouling and enhancing the cleaning efficiency
• Wide chemical tolerance allowing effective and efficient cleaning of biofilms, organic compounds and scale at cleaning pH from 1 to 13
• High rejection of special solutes such as Nitrate, Ammonium or Silica
• High integrity achieved with proprietary iLEC™ technology (interlocking end-caps), minimizing the risk of o-ring leaks that can contribute to poor water quality
Offering long term stable performance at lowest total life cycle cost. The high solute rejection make treated water suitable for reuse in a large number of applications.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery.
- For comparison, the XFRLE-400/34i will have permeate flow of 12,300 gpd (46.6 m3/d) and stabilized rejection of 99.4% when normalized to a feed solution of 1,500 ppm NaCl as used by some manufacturers.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than ± 15%.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
- Specific solute stabilized rejections based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 7 and 15% recovery, 50 ppm SiO2 or 100 ppm NO3- or 100 ppm NH4+ or 100 ppm IPA.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 - 11||1 - 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.