Dow Filmtec SW30XLE-400 i
Dow Water & Process Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (RO) elements to reduce capital and operation cost of seawater RO systems. DOW™ FILMTEC™ products combine premium membrane performance with automated precision fabrication and maximize system output to unprecedented performance.
DOW FILMTEC SW30XLE-400i offers an unequalled combination of productivity and rejection. This is the lowest energy seawater element available on the market, enabling lowest operation cost. It is also ideal for two-pass seawater designs and high TDS brackish water applications. DOW FILMTEC SW30XLE-400i comes with the unique iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of o-ring leaks
that cause poor water quality. See Form No. 609-00446 for information on the trouble-free cost-saving benefits of iLEC Interlocking Endcaps. Benefits of SW30XLE-400i include:
• Highest productivity available, with active area of 400 sq. ft., enables systems to be designed to deliver the lowest total cost of water by optimizing energy consumption, system productivity and operating flux.
• Can effectively be used in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
• Delivers high performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative posttreatments like many competitive products. This is one reason DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1-13) than other RO elements.
• Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves reduces the effect of overall fouling and maximizes element efficiency, helping to lower your cost of operation.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- The above values are normalized to the following conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, 5 ppm boron, 800 psi (5.5 MPa), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 8% recovery.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 15%.
- Minimum Salt Rejection is 99.6%.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24 – 48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Product specifications may vary slightly as improvements are implemented.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water and Process Solutions is not comparable to the nominal membrane area figure often stated by some element suppliers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
- Specific solute stabilized rejection based on the following test conditions:32,000 ppm NaCl, 800 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery, 5 ppm boron.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,200 psig (83 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty. FilmTec recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
Toray: TM820V-400; TM820V-400
GE: AE-400; AE-400, 34