Dow Filmtec SW30XHR-400 i
Dow Water & Process Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (RO) elements designed to produce high quality water which may reduce capital and operation cost of seawater RO systems. These products combine premium membrane performance with automated precision fabrication to provide reliable and consistent performance.
DOW FILMTEC™ SW30XHR–400i Elements are the highest rejection seawater RO elements in the DOW FILMTEC element portfolio, enabling stringent water quality requirements to be met with single-pass seawater systems in most situations. Benefits of the DOW FILMTEC SW30XHR–400i element include:
• Very high NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards more cost effectively.
• Utilization of the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that help reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of O-ring leaks that cause poor water quality.
• Guaranteed active area of 400 ft² maximizes productivity and enables accurate and predictable system design and operating flux.
• Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
• High performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative posttreatments. DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned over a wider pH range (1 – 13) than other RO elements.
• Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves reducing the effect of overall fouling and maximizing element efficiency.
Spiral-wound element with polyamide thin-film composite membrane
40 in x 7.9 in
- The above benchmark values are based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, 800 psi (5.5 MPa), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 8% recovery.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 15%.
- Minimum Salt Rejection is 99.70%.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24 – 48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Product specifications may vary slightly as improvements are implemented.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to the nominal membrane area figure often stated by some element suppliers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,200 psig (83 bar)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to guidelines in “Cleaning Procedures” for more information.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, Dow Water & Process Solutions recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin “Dechlorinating Feedwater” for more information.