Dow Filmtec SW30HR LE-440 i
Dow Water & Process Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (RO) elements designed to help reduce capital and operation cost of desalination systems. DOW FILMTEC™ Elements combine excellent membrane quality with automated precision fabrication, taking system performance to exceptional levels.
DOW FILMTEC™ SW30HRLE–440i Elements offer sustainable lower lifecycle cost for medium- and high-salinity feedwater by combining high rejection and low energy performance with the highest active area and a thick feed spacer. Benefits of the DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE–440i element include:
• Enables systems to be designed and operated to either lower operating cost through reduced energy consumption, or to decrease capital cost through higher productivity at lower operating fluxes.
• High NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
• The highest guaranteed active area of 440 ft2 (41 m2) permits lowest system cost by maximizing productivity and enables accurate and predictable system design and operating flux.
• The combination of very high active area with a thick feed spacer (28 mil) allows low cleaning frequency and high cleaning efficiency.
• Utilization of the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that help reduce system operating costs and the risk of O-ring leaks that can cause poor water quality (see Form No. 609-00446 for information on cost-saving benefits).
• Sustainable high performance over the operating lifetime of the element, because oxidative treatments are not used in membrane production. This is one reason DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1 – 13) than most other RO elements, which use oxidative treatments.
• Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- The above values are normalized to the following conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, 5 ppm boron, 800 psi (5.5 MPa), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 8% recovery.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 15%.
- Product specifications may vary slightly as improvements are implemented.
- Active area guaranteed ± 5%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to the nominal membrane area figure often stated by some element suppliers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,200 psig (83 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 – 11||1 – 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in Form No. 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty. Dow recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.