Improved DOW FILMTEC™ seawater reverse osmosis elements offer the highest productivity while maintaining excellent salt rejection.
• DOW FILMTEC SW30 membrane elements have the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea-based and land-based desalinators.
• DOW FILMTEC SW30 elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost and operating expenses.
• Improved DOW FILMTEC seawater membrane combined with automated, precision element fabrication result in the most consistent product performance available.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
14 in x 2.4 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 32,000 ppm NaCl, pressure specified above, 77°F (25°C) and the following recovery rates;
SW30-2514 – 2%, SW30-2521 & SW30-4021 – 5%, SW30-2540 & SW30-4040 – 8%.
- Permeate flows for individual elements may vary ± 20%.
- For the purpose of improvement, specifications may be updated periodically.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||1,000 psig (69 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 - 11||1 - 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.