The FILMTEC™ NF270 membrane elements are ideal for removing a high percentage of TOC and THM precursors with medium to high salt passage and medium hardness passage. The FILMTEC NF270 membrane is an ideal choice for surface water and ground water where good organic removal is desired with partial softening.
Polypiperazine amide thin-film composite
40 in x 3.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm MgSO₄, 77°F (25°C) and 15% recovery at the pressure specified above.
- Permeate flows for individual NF270-2540 elements may vary by -20% / +30%. NF270-4040 individual elements may vary -15% / +50%.
- Developmental products available for sale.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Feed Flow Rate
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||16 gpm (3.6 m³/hr)||2 - 11||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010 for NF90.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, FilmTec recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.