Dow Filmtec NF-2540
FILMTEC™ NF membrane elements are designed for process applications where a separation of solutes is desired.
• NF is a durable polypiperazine amide membrane designed to reject organics with a molecular weight above 200 while passing monovalent salts.
• FILMTEC NF membrane elements are used in a variety of applications such as desalting organic compounds, acid processing, metal recovery and antifreeze recovery.
• FILMTEC NF membrane elements replace discontinued NF45 elements.
Polypiperazine amide thin-film composite
40 in x 2.4 in
- Typical recovery rate shown is for a single element. Recovery rate is calculated by dividing permeate flow rate by feed flow rate.
- NF-2540 elements have a tape outerwrap. NF-2540 elements fit nominal 2.5 inch I.D. pressure vessel.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
|Maximum Pressure Drop||pH Range,
|Hydrogen Peroxide: Continuous operation (@ 77°F/25°C max.)||Hydrogen Peroxide: Short-term sanitizing (@77°F/25°C max.)|
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||13 psig (0.9 bar)||3 – 10||1 – 12||< 0.1 ppm||20 ppm||1,000 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010 for NF90.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and otheroxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 formore information