The FILMTEC™ LE-400 element is a low-energy element for industrial and municipal applications that operates at low pressure to deliver energy savings in new equipment or replacement situations where energy cost is an important factor and unit price is a key driver.
• Delivers equivalent permeate flow at 40% lower feed pressure, compared to the FILMTEC BW30-400.
• Offers the proven performance and high productivity of the FILMTEC BW30-400 element construction, with lower energy use and operating expense.
• The new FILMTEC LE-400 has an industry standard 1.125 inch ID permeate tube to facilitate element replacement.
Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt rejection based on the following standard conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 150 psi (10.3 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery.
- For comparison, the LE-400 will have a permeate flow of 12,200 gpd (46 m3/d) and stabilized salt rejection of 99.3% when normalized to a feed solution of 1,500 ppm NaCl as used by some manufacturers.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by FilmTec is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||85 gpm (19.0 m³/h)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 - 11||1 - 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.
GE: AK-365; AK-400