Ideal for: reverse osmosis plant managers and operators dealing with controlled pre-treatment waters and seeking consistent, high performance, long element life and increased productivity.
Offering decades of proven performance, DOW FILMTEC™ BW30-400:
• Delivers high quality permeate water while minimizing CAPEX
• Offers most effective cleaning performance, robustness and durability due to its widest cleaning pH range (1 – 13) tolerance and the support of Dow technical representatives
Spiral-wound element with polyamide thin-film composite membrane
40 in x 7.9 in
- Permeate flow and salt (NaCl) rejection based on the following standard test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 225 psi (15.5 bar), 77°F (25°C), pH 8, 15% recovery.
- Flow rates for individual elements may vary but will be no more than 15% below the value shown.
- Stabilized salt rejection is generally achieved within 24-48 hours of continuous use; depending upon feedwater characteristics and operating conditions.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions take place.
- Active area guaranteed ± 3%. Active area as stated by Dow Water & Process Solutions is not comparable to nominal membrane area often stated by some manufacturers. Measurement method described in Form No. 609-00434.
Operating and Cleaning Limits
Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.)
|113°F (45°C)||600 psig (41 bar)||15 psig (1.0 bar)||2 - 11||1 - 13||SDI 5||< 0.1 ppm|
• Maximum temperature for continuous operation above pH 10 is 95°F (35°C).
• Refer to Cleaning Guidelines in specification sheet 609-23010.
• Under certain conditions, the presence of free chlorine and other oxidizing agents will cause premature membrane failure. Since oxidation damage is not covered under warranty, DOW FILMTEC recommends removing residual free chlorine by pretreatment prior to membrane exposure. Please refer to technical bulletin 609-22010 for more information.